Top 10 Cyber Scams of 2017
1. Government “imposter” frauds
2. Debt collection scams.
3. Fraudulent job offers.
4. “Phishing” emails.
5. Mortgage foreclosure rescue scams.
6. Lottery scams.
7. Elder frauds.
8. Overpayment scams.
10 Jury duty scams.
Cyber Security Awareness- Top 10 Careless Errors That We KEEP Making!
10. Opening any attachment that you receive by email.
9. Clicking on shortened links without thinking.
8. Using public Wi-Fi without taking precautions.
7. Ignoring security updates.
6. Using the same passwords on different accounts.
5. Thinking that an antivirus isn’t important.
4. Thinking that backing up files is a waste of time.
3. Not paying attention to your browser when it says the connection isn’t secure.
2. Giving out information on social media.
Recently, Equifax, one of the three national consumer credit reporting agencies, announced a major data breach. This breach affects approximately 143 million Americans. This is what we know according to Equifax: the data breach occurred May – July 2017, and the information stolen includes consumers’ personally identifiable information, including names, Social Security numbers, dates of birth, addresses and, in some cases, driver’s license numbers.