Cybersecurity Awareness- Top 10 Careless Errors That We KEEP Making!
10. Opening any attachment that you receive by email.
9. Clicking on shortened links without thinking.
8. Using public Wi-Fi without taking precautions.
7. Ignoring security updates.
6. Using the same passwords on different accounts.
5. Thinking that an antivirus isn’t important.
4. Thinking that backing up files is a waste of time.
3. Not paying attention to your browser when it says the connection isn’t secure.
2. Giving out information on social media.
Americans rely more than ever on their smart devices for banking, shopping or social networking, making the need to safeguard sensitive information and prevent unauthorized use by cybercriminals paramount.
Criminals are constantly searching for creative new ways to commit fraud! Always be aware of who you’re giving your personal information to.
Community Spirit Bank will never request your personal information, such as account numbers, PINs, social security numbers, etc., by phone, mail or email, unless you have already initiated the contact with us. Do not open unsolicited emails or take calls from someone you do not know. If you receive suspicious calls or emails claiming to be from us, please contact us at 1-256-356-4445.